Cape Ann and the North Shore region boasts a rich variety of opportunities to get out in nature. But not all outdoor areas are accessible to all and it can be difficult to find the information needed to identify the right trail for you.
Age & Dementia Friendly Cape Ann is compiling information about local walks and hikes so that residents and visitors can access the outdoors with confidence. Our Outdoors for All Ages volunteers are walking local areas and reporting back on what they see. Click on a link below for details on what our volunteer observed on their walk.
Keep an eye on this website for more listings of our local trails, beaches, and parks. Our volunteers are out there walking every week and documenting what they see.
Local Trails, Beaches and Parks
Click on the location name to download a printable PDF informational file.
- Green’s Hill Trail, Beverly
- Long Hill, Beverly
- Norwood Pond Loop, Beverly
- Shoe Pond Walkway, Beverly
- Waterfront Park, Beverly
- Atlantic Road, Gloucester
- Dogtown-Babson Reservoir Loop, Gloucester
- Haskell Pond Loop, Gloucester
- Ravenswood Park, Gloucester
- Stacy Boulevard, Gloucester
- Stage Fort Park, Gloucester
- Tompson Street Reservation (Sunset Mountain Trail), Gloucester
Manchester by the Sea
- Masconomo Park to Singing Beach, Manchester by the Sea
- White and Black Beaches, Manchester by the Sea
- Bearskin Neck and T-Wharf, Rockport
- Halibut Point State Park, Rockport
- Millbrook Meadow, Rockport
- Nortons Tree Farm Loop, Rockport
- Straightsmouth Island & Lighthouse, Rockport
While our volunteers have done their best to provide accurate information, keep in mind that trail conditions can change. Please use your best judgement when using this information. Consider speaking with your medical provider about your ability to walk along these trails/paths.
Are you interested in becoming an Outdoors for All Ages volunteer?
We are looking for volunteers who would like to walk our local public spaces and report back on them using our short questionnaire. Volunteers can pick any Cape Ann or North Shore path(s) or public spaces to walk and review. We hope to compile a list of walks for varying abilities, from easy walks to more strenuous ones. For more information on becoming an Outdoor for All Ages volunteer, please visit the Volunteer Match website.