SeniorCare will present The SAVVY Caregiver, a free six-week workshop at the Beverly Council on Aging, located at 90 Colon Street in Beverly, on Wednesdays, January 10 through February 14, 2024, 10:30am-12pm.
The Savvy Caregiver Program is a free six-session training for family and friends who are active caregivers, caring for those living with Alzheimer’s or related dementias.
Taking care of a person living with Alzheimer’s or related dementia is specialized work. To do this work successfully, caregivers need special skills, knowledge, and a positive attitude that helps them to care themselves.
Savvy Caregiver will help participants:
• Understand the impact of dementia on both you and the person you are caring for,
• Learn the skills you need to manage daily life,
• Take control and set goals,
• Communicate more effectively,
• Strengthen family resources,
• Feel better about your caregiving, and
• Take care of you.
Advance registration for this program is required. For information and to register, contact SeniorCare at 978-281-1750 x569.